Hailing from India, Harpreet migrated to Aotearoa in 2015 to gain a Level 6 National Diploma and later study Horticulture. Prior to her role as a Support Worker at Pacific Homecare, she spent six years as a Horticulture Technician.
Fast forward to 2022, Harpreet began her job at Pacific Homecare as a Support Worker, which she has been enjoying for the last five months.
“I am really enjoying this job because we meet new people. I love to help people…[my favourite part about working for Pacific Homecare] is meeting new people, I love to look after them.”
Although she is new, Harpreet has demonstrated consistency in her role. She continues to work hard and shows her willingness to better herself in her role with the way she cares for each customer. She is always ready to accept relieving and works her schedule around our customer’s time without complaint.
The inspiration behind her work ethic is her Mum. “My mum actually was sick for the last 25 years and sadly she passed away in 2018. In India, I was studying and looking after her at the same time. So now I started this job because it gives me the same feeling as I’m looking after my parents.”
Harpreet displays love, care and professionalism in her everyday work. Demonstrating the characteristics of an excellent Support Worker.
Well done, Harpreet.
- What 3 words would you use to describe Pacific Homecare? Flexible, supportive and friendly
- Favourite food of all time: Chicken.
- Best music genre/song: Bollywood.
- Favourite movie/TV show: Indian movies.
- Favourite place to visit: Queenstown, NZ.
- Language/s spoken: Punjabi, Hindi and English.
- Best part of your job: Meeting new people.