The Metua Pakari Wellness programme is a partnership programme facilitated by the Auckland Eastern Bays Kuki Airani Trust and Pacific Homecare for the elderly (aged 65 years and above) living in the Glen Innes, Panmure, Point England and Mt Wellington areas.
The programme provides a wellness programme of activities and social events to support our elderly people to enjoy “living longer and living better” with a supportive social and cultural context. The main focus is enjoyment through participation, with a health and wellbeing emphasis.
It is a pilot project for 2016, funded through the Tangata O Le Moana Pacific Provider Network and the Ministry of Health. The pilot project is being evaluated by Malatest International through Dr Lana Perese.
- Runs: Friday’s from 10am to 2pm
- Venue: Grace Church, 77 Line Road, Glen Innes
- Transport: Pacific Homecare can arrange a pick-up if you need
- Cost: It is free to registered participants
The Programme covers:
- Healthy eating, healthy living
- Arts & Crafts
- Cultural Activities
- Low-impact Physical Activities
- Health checks and plans
- Social Activities
- A place to talk
- A place to belong and be supported
- Any Pacific person aged 65 years and above. The main focus for this programme is Pacific people of Cook Islands descent, but all are welcome
- Other participants are welcome as well where applicable for the purpose of this programme
- Elderly living in Glen Innes, Panmure, Point England and Mt Wellington areas
For more information
Please contact Pacific Homecare Support Coordinator June Kiria
Ph: 274 9153
M: 022 355 6792